Maxillofacial Prosthetic Reconstruction
Maxillofacial reconstruction involves the prosthetic restoration and rehabilitation to individuals who or missing facial structures from either cancer or trauma. With emphasis on cosmetic and implant dentistry, Dr. Grillo and Dr. Lum trained at the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, focusing on restoring optimal function and aesthetics for patients with these conditions.
If you have ever been diagnosed with oral cancer or will be undergoing any surgical, radiation or chemotherapy treatment to the head and neck region, it is important that you see one of our Maxillofacial Prosthodontists to help manage your care. We work exclusively with your physician, oncologists and other oral surgeons as a team to help coordinate your treatment and assure you get the best possible outcome.
What are some other indications for treatment?
- Facial trauma, missing facial components such as: eyes, ears, noses, teeth or other facial bone structures.
- Stroke victims with impaired speech.
- Adults or children with cleft lip/ palate.
- Congenital syndromes affecting the teeth.
- Any oral defect or communication between the oral and nasal cavity affecting speech and swallowing.